Sunday, September 19, 2010

Firstly...

So I've recently joined the Charlotte Roller Girls. I guess I should give a little background.

For years now, I've been seeing the roller girls out and about and they have tried to recruit me. Well this year I'm finally eligible (since I'm 19). At one time, CLTRG had the age requirement at 18, and I was getting close, but then it was upped.

So I signed up as wanting to join/volunteer shortly after turning 19, and was invited to a meet-and-greet, which I missed due to my going to Alabama for work. So I get back in town, only to find out that the roller girls have moved their practice space from a rink in Gastonia to a warehouse in NoDa. It was fate. I work in NoDa. My boyfriend lives there. It's ridonc close to my house (which is good, since I bus it everywhere).

So I go to the Auguest meet-and-greet. And attended the subsequent 4-hour (Was it only 4? Felt like a year...) skating clinic. It was grueling, it was hellish, it was intense...and I loved every minute of it.

Since then, I've attended every practice I could. I got my mentor, #13 Hellin Felon.

As of this morning, I've attended 6 practices and get to join the Yahoo Group. It's not a milestone with a lot to show for it, BUT it will get me in the loop. So yaaaay!

No comments:

Post a Comment