Thursday, December 2, 2010

Didja Miss Me?

Ok, it's only been since Sunday. But I keep doing these posts in between practices about like goals and stuff...but then I get distracted and wind up discussing skates or something.

Anyway, I had practice tonight. I went. And today was the longest day of my life. I left my house at 11 am this morning, not planning to return until 10 pm or later...I walked about 2 miles throughout the day carrying my bookbag. Purse. And derby bag. One day (not this evening), I will weigh all of these things. Just to know how much I was carrying. My skate wheels beat a tattoo against my knee. My bad knee.

Anyway, I'm super exhausted. School, work, then derby. I had to turn down a stagehand gig because I was simply unable to. If I'd been able to get back to my house, to get proper clothing and my c-wrench...I might've. But I declined. So Josh is working. It's the Trans-Siberian Orchestra load-out. I get his show shirt, if there is one.

I've been trying to get back to my point here. I'm just so tired that distraction/digression comes easily. THE POINT IS, I am supremely tired and not ready to blog about practice tonight. I'll be back, in full blogging-fashion tomorrow. I'll try to blog before work tomorrow.

So to my readers (all 3 of you), sorry, but I will tell you ALL about this evening's (well, now yesterday evening's) practice. Nap time before my boy gets home to tell me all about his day!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there girlie! Only a few more weeks and we all get a two week break. I still plan on skating somewhere, but it won't be the grueling "let's see if we can kill the newbies" kinda practice that we have a love/hate relationship with. :)

    ReplyDelete