Sunday, February 23, 2014

Gear Review: 187 Wrist Guards

Type of Gear: Wrist Guards
Brand: 187
Price: $19

I went through several sets of Pro-Tec wrist guards before realizing just how terrible they are. I loved the neoprene and how the middle, wraparound strap was the elastic one. But I bought a pair and the first time I feel on them, the seam between the leather and the neoprene ripped. On a brand new pair!

Eventually I decided to shop around and get a new brand. I was interested in the new Triple 8 Wristsavers with the spoon-shaped splint. I tried them on at ECDX and the small was too tight and the medium too big. I also did not like the single strap since I tend to fall on my wrists a lot. AND $30 is a bit steep.

I found the 187s while I was shopping. I already loved my 187 knee pads (and now I have the elbow pads too), and didn't mind the $19 price tag (I was paying $16 for Pro-Tecs). They fit and seemed to be made well.

They've held up to a number of falls and the tough nylon hasn't yet shown any wear (I purchased them in June). I will definitely be purchasing these again.

Cons: None of the straps are elastic. I was initially upset about it, but then I got over it. Material is thicker, so stank lingers. Wash them frequently.

Rita Recommendation: Yes, I'd absolutely recommend these. Durable, comfortable, and protective.

No comments:

Post a Comment