Tuesday, May 8, 2012

It's Snuggle Time

So there's been a lot of derby lately. I've skated in two bouts and an invitational as well as numerous practices. And I'm not feeling so positive about my skating anymore.

For both bouts, I was in the jammer rotation for the first half and then blocked the second half. We lost both bouts and this past Saturday, relied on a two jammer rotation for the entire second half. It makes me doubt my ability as a jammer to be thrown in as a blocker when we're down in points. And during the invitational, I was perpetually stuck behind walls. It didn't help my confidence any. It's like I'm good enough to jam at scrimmage, but not in a bout. I'm curious about what I can do to be considered to jam more.

In the meantime, both bouts we lost, but we didn't give up. I felt that in App we started to counteract their strategies more than implementing our own, which means they're in our heads. But we stayed together and kept our heads in the game. We were a lot more erratic with Star City and I'm not sure why. Our team was a little different than we've been playing with, BUT all our skaters are talented and everybody works well together.

I almost had to sequester Tasty Murder to get her to stop being the Head of BP and focus on her skating. I told her to chill out and that I'd handle things.

The bout certainly drew a larger crowd this time. That was definitely a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment