Monday, July 2, 2012

Practice Tonight

...was friggin rough. And since I feel that strife and pain make the best blogging AND I owe you guys a post, here we go.

So I had fondue with my dear aunt and granny this evening at the Melting Pot, but I did have to cut it short to open the Warehouse for Open Skate. I am severely low on sleep (I reckon I got 2 hours last night thanks to the heat) and had a ridiculous sort of day at work. I tried to nap but managed less than an hour of nappage. So I'd considered just opening up for Open Skate then going home, but of course, I got a ride there and was scooter-less.

So I skated through a practice that killed my toe (it's still recovering after its toenail problem) and twerked my bad foot. I stayed for the A-team portion of the evening which had me coming up the loser in a number of wheel locks. (I'm still getting used to skating with these individuals.) I took a nasty fall right onto my ass. The very same ass I broke all those years ago. Spasms of pain, tears in my eyes, totally winded...I needed a second to get back up. I think maybe my trucks are still too loose. My skates still felt squirrelly on my feet.

Anyway, my night was shit. I feel like hell. This was not an excellent start of a bout week. And I've got another 7 am shift tomorrow.

BUT: nobody smacked me right in my shoulder. I haven't broken any trucks in a few weeks. Tomorrow night's B-Dazz practice is being led by Fister. Moll Adjusted made the roster to play Star City (yay!). I dipped many delightful things into chocolate. I'm almost positive my ass is not re-broken. And my bed is calling me.

Thanks for staying through the bitching. Things will be better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment