Monday, March 9, 2015

Gear Review: Bionic Super Stoppers (Standard Length)




Type of Gear: Toe Stops
Brand: Bionic
Price: $18-$22






I'm hard on toe stops. I jam fairly frequently and use my toe stops to stop, change direction, and prevent from being shoved out of bounds. I was jazzed about Gumballs when they came out a few years ago, but I wasn't keen on how quickly they wore out. My first bouting season, I went through 3 sets between February and June.
Toe stops in action!
So when I'd worn out a Gumball last season and needed a replacement to tide me over until I could get some new ones, I asked a teammate for something from her "Bag O Toestops." She'd gotten the Bionics on her Pilot plates and didn't care for them. She offered them to me, and I wound up buying them off her.

Get this, guys, I just bought replacements. A whole year on a set of toestops! That's unheard of.

They fared well on most of the skating surfaces I encountered this year. I had a little struggle with some sport court, but that happens. They've held up surprisingly well.
Right: New, Left: Year Old Toe Stop
Cons: I can't really think of any. The taper eliminates that weird period that I experienced with Gumballs where I'd catch the new toe stop on the floor. I suppose that the limited availability of the short stem toe stops is a bit of a struggle.

Rita Recommendation: I would ABSOLUTELY recommend these. I've already tried to convert my entire team to these. They're a great value, they last a long time, and they work well.


No comments:

Post a Comment