Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Scriiiiiiiimmmmmmmmage

So there was scrimmage last night (bringing me up to 17 practices).

Initially I was supposed to be action tracking, but then my job got jacked. So instead, I wrangled. Except that there were no outside refs and no outside whiteboard, so it was just making sure the penalty trackers heard the inside refs. And also chilling with Laura, Shelley, Caitlin, and Rene.

We had the league meeting before warm-ups. (I know I'm going backwards here.) The theme seemed to be (and Kathy said it), we heard from the President, VP, Skater Liasion, Treasurer, Head of Bout Production...all of whom are newly elected. Largely it was about communication. And clearing up what the Skater Liasion's role is. It was good. I'm glad I was able to attend.

Then I warmed up with the grannies. I was noticing that I had some problems stopping. I JUST cleaned my wheels yesterday, so I figured I must be losing grip on my wheels. Later, I heard some of the grannies having the same problems. They said, all through scrimmage, they were slipping and sliding and having a lot of trouble staying in bounds. So I feel better. I emailed the Warehouse Maven and expressed my concern, she said she'd be in there tonight to check it out.

Anyway, scrimmage was great. Hellin racked up some penalties, haha. Went to Solstice afterward. Ate some delicious foods. Went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment