Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 1...again

I know what you're thinking..."Didn't she like just take Day 1?" In fact, I did, just 3 short months ago. Several of us did. And we have been awaiting the TC verdict on whether we'd have to retake since we ran out the 60 days. The TC finally told us that since we're now WFTDA (yay!) and we'll have to re-assess yearly, they'd like everyone to assess around the same time, August/September. Having taken Day 1 in June, we would have gone too long without assessing.

They told us this toward the end of August. If we'd known before then, most of us would've re-done Day 1 when they offered it August 7th.

Alas.

So now I'm an expert at assessing.

I passed once more. This time without any redos. Not quite sure how I managed that. My t-stops are still shaky, but passable. Damn those t-stops. I hate them so. Rye said, "You've been here a year. We need to get a better t-stop." I had a bit of a problem with pacing. One of my slows sort of veered off course and I fell once.

My 25 in 5 is not where I'd like it to be. I got down to 4:18 once. Today it was 4:39. But I haven't skated in a week, so I'm not too hard on myself. All in all, I'm pleased.

Ready to take on Day 2 Thursday.

1 comment:

  1. I think you did great! And I saw your fall during pacing...yes you fell, but it was more of a knee touch and your recovery was perfect.

    Way to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete