Monday, September 5, 2011

News!

News in the realm is that I have the interwebs again. This will be good for me and for you, my 4 followers.

Derby news has been good. We "Mid-Lifers" have been with the grannies most Sundays, gettin our endurance on. On Thursday, I got the chance to work on things like leaning and arm whips, which I've been begging the TC to include in practice for what seems like months now.

Also, I was partnered with Rye, so I got some good quality feedback. My outside arm whips need work. Like in a big way. My arm's all floppy. Inside is good though. Sometimes I wing out slightly, but usually they're good. When taking arm whips, I need to hang on like a fraction of a second longer.

Also, I'm way better at leaning and locking wheels than I used to be. We did leaning in partners and I actively used my opposite foot to push against Rye. Also, she told me to put my shoulder in front of hers. All this time I've been trying to have even shoulders. This makes it way easier.

We did wheel-locking and taking hits in a pack. Somehow I wound up with both Rye and Sporman locking my wheels, but I stayed upright. And I took hits well. I didn't fall, and if I fell behind, I caught up quickly.

I have to redo Day 1 coming up, and I'm not thrilled, but I'm gonna kick Day 2's ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment