Monday, January 23, 2012

Scrimmaaaaaage

Scrimmage tonight was...interesting. We beta-tested a potential ruleset. There is consideration for rules involving a Rear Blocker Line as well as a pivot line. Blockers must line up in front of the rear line, but cannot block until they pass the pivot line. Also, the jammers are released at the same time as the blockers. It's an attempt to stop everyone's enemy, SLOW DERBY.

I was on a team with Snatch, one of my captains. And she gave us positive feedback. I felt effective. There were only a couple of times my pivot yelled "WTF Caitlin?" or something to that effect. I was recycling, I was being aware of jammers, I even jammed pretty effectively.

In the second half, we switched to some A vs. B jams. We were told recently that the B team should take advantage of these scrimmage times. The A team does not get the chance to play teams better than them in our warehouse facility. We, the B team, have that opportunity. I generally feel more positive about these times when I'm not getting my ass handed to me.

We formulated strategies, play with advance lineups, and rocked it. We held back some of the strongest A-team jammers. Our jammers got through and scored. I magically broke through a wall of Angel, Bo, and Drew, some of our strongest blockers. However Drew also hit in my bad shoulder real hard. That took me out of most of the second half, but I did still stay for endurance practice.

I'm hoping to schedule an appointment with league chiropractor Dr. Tony, as my chiropractor is leaving town this week. My shoulder feels awful. I've got team practice tomorrow, let's hope I feel up to skating!

No comments:

Post a Comment