Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hey Rita, how's it going?

You might be wondering how I'm doing. At last report, I had an injured shoulder and was fixin' ta schedule an appointment with Dr. Tony. It's been a week since I posted. In that time, I HAVE been to Dr. Tony and also shook my groove thing at our end-of-year party.

Unfortunately I think I've wrecked all the work Dr. Tony did. He worked on trigger points (knots) and used this massage tool that made me feel like I was being run over by a jet ski.

I've been trying to pull myself out of hitting drills and do as much as I can with my hips. BUT derby is a coincidental sport. We do this drill, a sort of bait-and-switch, where we open up the inside line like we're not paying attention and then hit the jammer out of bounds and stay in bounds ourselves. I've ceased jamming during this drill, but just because I hit someone with my hips doesn't mean that that they don't hit my shoulder.

Last night I got hit in the other shoulder and now it's hurtin too. I hate it because I'm apparently a jammer and we're doing a lot of great drills for jammers. Drills that I can't participate in. On the one hand, I want to skate real bad, but on the other, I know I should rest and ice my shoulder as much as possible. I also got my thumb run over. I tucked my fingers when I fell, but my thumb still got run over. Also I've been having some issues with my right ankle. I just feel like every time I put on my skates, I wind up hurting myself further. We've got a bout upcoming, one that I hope to skate in. So I've got to heal. But I also need to show that I want it, as there are an absurd number of skaters on B-Dazz now.

So I guess I'm gonna work on taking it even easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment