Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas!

So this isn't really practice-related, but it does pertain to derby.

I had an exciting conversation with a friend of mine from church about derby. She's with SDDD, so they flip back and forth between flat and banked track. She shared some of the differences between. Banked track has 1-minute jams, penalties aren't served until the next jam, lead jammer transfers back and forth. I told her about the USARS ruleset. She wound up blocking her brother and getting apple cider all down her back. These things happen.

Also, I just utilized my new skate tool. My boyfriend got me the Reflex Utili-tool (in pink). I also just bought myself new bearings (extremely necessary). So I just spent a few minutes rethreading all my axles and replacing my bearings. If I clean and rotate my wheels, it would be almost like having new skates.

And lastly, I'm hoping to go skating with one Emily Greene, better known as Madcap. It's Christmas. I'm going to bed. Good night, blogosphere. I've got axle grime on my hands, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment