Friday, December 16, 2011

Holiday Posting

So in this hectic time, practice has fallen by the wayside a bit. I missed Sunday practice since I didn't get enough sleep (finishing up a final paper). I had to miss Tuesday because one of my coworkers quit and we had to cover her shifts. I did go Monday, and it was a pretty good practice.

In other news, several newbies have just passed assessments. Leah (my mentee), Sara F, Sibel, and Lorissa are all grannies now. Yay! B-Dazz practice is gonna be packed with even more awesome now! On that note, B-Dazz practice is cancelled for Tuesday.

I know I've kind of been on Cloud 9 since I passed assessments and my posts haven't been riddled with the same struggle that they were. I thank everyone for sticking with me through that. I have a one-on-one with Amy Fister coming up, so I'm sure I'll have more things to work on real soon.

Last night's practice was interesting. We did some awareness and endurance drills. I really need to work on my turning toe stops at a sprint. I can do them at pack speed fine, but up at a sprint, I fall. In fact, I tried one when I was going balls out Monday and I don't even know what happened. I don't know what parts of me hit the floor. For now, I've been trying to plow to slow myself down and then execute a tomahawk (aka turning toe stop).

I got to work with my now-granny-mentee, Leah. Leah is super cool. She found a bunch of helmets on sale and basically bought them all, so I just got me a brand new Pro Tec helmet for $14. I never knew what it felt like to have actual padding around my head.

So things are going well. I don't have work til 2 on Sunday, so I'm hoping to make it to practice. Then scrimmage Monday and no practice til the new year. Gasp!

No comments:

Post a Comment