Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Monday/Tuesday

This week has been derby-filled and I only went to 2 practices. Monday's scrimmage sucked a helluva lot less than week's. Wait. But first, Open Skate. I worked with my mentee on johnny crashes. She's taking Day 2 Assessments this Thursday. (GO Leah!) She's gonna pass because she's awesome.

Back to scrimmage. We actually had 10 people on our team, so most we did not have to stay out every time (yay!). I effectively played back and outside. I did a pretty good job as the outside person of a wall. And when we transitioned, I did one of those assisted hits where you hold on to someone else. I also think I did a booty sweep. I stay out of the box, mostly. Until the last jam, when I was jamming. They told me to call it, and I just didn't. That was silly of me. Oh well.

Afterward we had a meeting to discuss training and our goals as a league for 2012. That was cool. It was nice to participate in the brainstorming and feel like a part of things.

Team practice last night rocked. We did some offskates endurance (a la suicides). We did around the world and other drills involving footwork. And then at the end, we played Red Light-Green Light. We did it in 2 packs, and my team won 2 out of 3.

Sore as heel, but can't wait for Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment