Thursday, June 23, 2011

Been Meaning To Blog

So let's see. I did not talk about last Sunday, or open skate/scrimmage on Monday. Ugh. Sunday morning's practice was back at usual time, which is fortunate in that it's early because it's less hot in our warehouse BUT also it sucks because I have to wake up at 7 am.

Anyway, Rye led practice. There weren't very many people present, but that's ok.

I don't really remember the drills we did. Mostly we had the track. I'm sure we did falls and stuff. I know, at some point, we worked on double knee falls, but if we were having knee trouble, we could go back to single knee, so I did. And leaning! I do remember leaning. I leaned with Carrie. I was overwhelmingly unsuccessful. One time I knocked her down, but I promptly tripped over her and fell. On my face. Rye came over and asked if we were ok. She said, "That wasn't pretty."

We also worked on lateral movement, which is something I've improved considerably on. Maybe it's the loosened trucks. I dunno. But I'm much better. Then we did booty blocking. I did alright. I managed to get around a couple girls blocking me, but I tend to speed up when blocking. I stick my butt in her way, but I don't slow her down. I need to work on that.

Oh! 25 in 5! Sunday. My time was an unbelievable 4:31. I'm still not sure that happened. It was a fluke or something.

That's really all I got for Sunday.

Monday's open skate, I helped fellow newbies with 6-point falls. I think a few girls still have a mental block about everything landing at the same time. I tried to help, to the best of my ability. My tip is to aim for your elbows touching down first, instead of treating it like a double-knee fall, then elbow/wrists.

I also got used to the loosened trucks (which I did Sunday) and my new knee pads. Next up on the agenda, new wheels! I'm lookin to get some Poisons. Thinkin about the slim ones.

Scrimmage was hot. A few ladies got injured a bit. They returned to skating, but still kind of scary. I was doing my hotboard duties, which I've decided is easier with knee pads. If that's what I'm doing at the bout, I will be bringing my knee pads.

That's really all I got to say. Tonight's practice again. Oh yeah, Fister talked to me and said I could redo my t-stops. She said Monday, but that got all muffed up because of ECE. So I'm redoing next Thursday. I've got tonight, Sunday, and Monday to practice.

2 comments:

  1. You did well on the leaning. You can't help that I am 3X your size...I am hard to move! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's your thing. You can't help that. I'm good at plow stops, that's my thing.

    ReplyDelete