Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sometimes, it feels like it's never all going to come together.

You know, doing everything while rolling. Like sure, I can do hitting while standing still. I can hip check the shit outta my friends. But I wonder if I can put it all together while on 8 wheels.

I stay upright (or rather, in derby stance) pretty well during practice. But when I go to scrimmage, and I look at what the grannies, I just wonder if I can do all that. It seems so far from what I'm doing. I've heard plenty of times, even from our All-Stars, that some of them couldn't skate when they started.

I'm sure I'll get there, but sometimes I just get down on myself.

Meanwhile, practice tonight! Lookin forward to it. And practice on Sunday has been pushed to 11 am, instead of 9 am, since Saturday's bout day, so it'll be easier to for my bus-ridin self to get to.

No comments:

Post a Comment