Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Derby Goals

The B-Dazzlers have an away bout on October 22nd. My aim is to be bout-eligible by that point. I would like to make the roster also, but...baby steps.

In order to accomplish this, I will,
-get my gear to a point where it works for me
-attend every practice I am able to
-attend as many Open Skates as I can
-go skating on my own, either outdoors or in local rinks
-assess every time I feel competent enough to

Now I've only been back at practice for a few days, but it's tough after 6 months away. So my hope is that this goal will remind me to push through and keep going when I am tired and whiny.

I'm also happy to report that I am once more consumed with all things derby. I've begun voraciously reading derby blogs again and scouring the internet looking at new gear and reviews of said gear.

Anyway, things are well in the derby-verse and I can't wait to strap on my quads again in a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment