Sunday, October 10, 2010

Recent Stuff

Haven't updated in a while. I skipped practice for about a week and a half. No strictly my fault. Work came up so I missed Thursday. Friday I could've gone to Open Skate, but napping took priority. And then Saturday I went to a wedding, so Sunday was spent recuperating and catching up on lost sleep.

So I went Thursday night and was greeted by a brand new crop of newbies! It was encouraging. They were all so spirited after their Sunday workshop, which is cray-cray. But I thought Thursday would be brutal, and the day-after sore even worse, but it wasn't bad. I was sorer from dance practice!

This morning was a little different. Practice was led by the bodacious Foxy Pound, notorious for breaking newbies. (Not really, least that I know of.) We were out of the gate with 25 in 5. I have shaved some seconds off my last time of somewhere 'round 5 and a half minutes down to 5:03!!! Sitting pretty at just over. And those seconds WILL be off before November 14th.

After that, we did drills involving stops and falls. Some of the newbies learned 6-point and baseball slides. After that endurance test, I struggled many a time to get back up. Something to work on.

We did pull-carts and ab work. Walking on toe stops and assorted things of that nature.

So I'm hurting a little, but I'm hopping off here to pack up my traveling circus and go deal with the herd of angry cats at the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment