Saturday, October 23, 2010

So...

I've been reading a lot of derby stuff lately and it just seems that a lot of other leagues are unwelcoming. All these girls talk about feeling so shut out as newbies and scared. I haven't experienced much of that with CLTRG.

There are members who aren't as warm as others, it's part of their charm. But everybody's been really nice and genuine. They all seem like they want to help us. And it's so easy to feel like a part of the group.

And it's really easy to help others. There's a constant influx of newbies and sometimes there's a practice where the skaters overwhelm the TC members. It's super easy to look at someone and say, "Hey, when I was working on my T-stop, it helped me a lot to pick my foot up and set it down gently." Just friendly newbie-to-newbie advice.

Anyway, I'm super glad to be part of the CLTRG and can't wait for tomorrow morning's practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment