Monday, October 25, 2010

Scriiiiiiiimmage

I busted my butt again. I am too tired to continue writing words. But I created this post to remind me that I DO want to blog about scrimmage. I just can't right now. So I update tomorrow. Now, I bed.

Ed: OK, you guys. I'm still tired, but I feel like updating. Or rather I feel I should. I've now been to 13 practices, I'm pretty sure.

Ok, geez, I've been stalling like a madwoman.

Scrimmage!

Firstly I warmed up with the grannies to try out my new skates. I didn't have all the time in the world to adjust them properly BUT they rocked. I might have to tweak some things, and I'll be putting on toe guards. Like I said, busted my butt. There was a drill where on one whistle, we all squatted, on two whistles, we stood up and jumped. Got too far forward and BAM! Feelin it today.

The scrimmage was pretty rough. Had some first and second-time bouting grannies. There were no outside refs. I was doing action stats with Dottie and even doing that, we caught some penalties. But the teams did manage to work together really well. I was happy to see that my mentor, Hellin Felon #13, aided her jammer a bunch.

I guess that's really all I had to say, damn. Doing action stats was cool. I could've done better, but next time I do it, I'll hopefully be better. With my new skates, aka real skates, I hope those few seconds will come off my 25 in 5 time. I'm certain I'll find out Thursday. What's really nice about these skates is when I stop actively pushing, I keep going. Not so with the Cruisers. Seriously, shit sucks. You are always worked to propel yourself. I can coast through turns, but the rest...not so much.

So yeah, Thursday's extended practice. 3 hours. Breaking in my new skates. Oh boy. I'm predicting ass-busting.

Anyway, sorry my post is short and choppy and non-sequitur-licious, I'm tired. I need bed. Good night everyone! Hugs and bruises!

No comments:

Post a Comment