Sunday, October 24, 2010

This Morning

Firstly, I'd like to say, MY NEW SKATES COME TOMORROW!!!!

That being said, I had practice this morning. Wasn't too bad. Did 5 in 1, and I know I didn't push as hard as I could. Somebody went down right in front of me and I slowed down and didn't push all the way back up to top speed.

Bout busted my ass on the way back down the stairs from the bathroom. Haha. I am special.

We did some partner work with whips and pushes, which was good. I need to work on whips. Giving them. I think I did a lot better today than I did last time (which was a WHILE ago). I need to work on transferring the energy and strength from my core through my arm.

We also did hip-whips, which I definitely improved at. A fellow newbie noticed, but I could feel it. May've knocked someone down, but what can ya do?

We were doing counter-derby direction laps, which are hard, but I can totally do. Like even crossovers. I magically got better at it, made my life rock. I'm at the top of the track, skating along, when SUDDENLY I'm on my ass. And then just as suddenly, I rolled over. It happened so fast, but I'm pretty sure I just was centered too far back and then ASS. It was spectacular. And EVERYONE saw it. Luckily I landed on the cheek, on the side of my butt, so my ginormous butt absorbed a lot of impact and it didn't hurt so much. I was so winded, I had to sit down for a minute and get some water, make sure I didn't suddenly develop any pain. And I got back to skating before practice was over (in non-derby direction too!). So busted my butt, but I'm good.

No comments:

Post a Comment